FINAL DEADLINE SUBMISSION – EXTENDED to: April 30th, 2019.
PCAPPA 2019 CALL FOR PROPOSALS
PCAPPA Members are invited to submit proposals to present and showcase best practices, innovative ideas, programs and projects with proven results that elevates the facilities professional at the 2019 PCAPPA Annual Conference scheduled for September 29th – October 1st, 2019 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The deadline for proposal submission is April 30th, 2019 by 11:59 pm.
Conference Theme and Educational Tracks
The 2019 conference theme “#SharpenYourTools@PCAPPALV”, will focus on these four professional development tracks:
- Diversity: Outreach programs to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace through hiring and retention practices, space planning, succession planning, professional development, work practices and accommodation.
- Leadership: Visibility, presence, courage, strategic management, team dynamics, staff management, emotional intelligence, change management, communication, professionalism, collaboration.
- Creativity: Out of the box solutions, unconventional programs and projects transforming the facilities organizations.
- Knowledge: Technical and technological improvements, cutting edge programs to instill continuous learning and knowledge sharing environment.
Proposals must align with the four themes stated above and must include demonstrated successes of case studies, and programs that offers inspiration, innovation, diversity and excellence on key challenges facing facilities professionals, and proven measures to respond to these challenges strategically. If you have a topic that will be of significant interest to the audience, but may not align exactly with the themes, we still encourage you to submit a proposal for review.
Proposal Submission Guidelines
Each proposal must include the following:
- Title of presentation
- Presenter(s) contact information: name, position title, email and phone number
- Brief narrative of the subject with key learning objectives, portability and relevance to the PCAPPA audience
- Brief biography of each presenter
PCAPPA Audience includes, but is not limited to:
- Universities and Colleges
- Community Colleges
- Affiliates: Libraries, museums and other nonprofit institutions and organizations, including government and quasi- government agencies
We are requesting professionals within this audience pool to submit proposals.
Presentation types may include breakout sessions and panel discussion. Sessions are typically 60 minutes with questions and answer period included.
Submissions will be rated using the criteria below:
- Relevance of the subject to the audience
- Impact and benefits
- Creativity, innovativeness and applicability
- Overall quality of proposal and learning outcomes
Presenters of selected proposal shall be notified by May 31, 2019. For questions and or additional information, please contact John Furman, Chair of PCAPPA Professional Development, at email@example.com
- $50 registration discount (for institutional members only, corporate speakers not included)
- Demonstrate your public speaking skills
- Showcase the great accomplishments from your institutions
- Share best practices with colleagues
- Generate more ideas and solicit feedback for continuous improvement
- Enhance your professional portfolio
- Be part of a transforming leadership community in PCAPPA
- Please email Eric Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
or John Furman at email@example.com